- Changes to ELA Test Guides:
- A foreword that introduces CCLS ELA, the new tests and the Guides that highlights the major changes through the language/structureof the new Field Transition Memo
- An explanation that using authentic passages means that it is entirely possible that passages on the Test may have been usedin classrooms or for student personal reading.
- An explanation that entire works can be divided into passages that are appropriate for multiple grade levels.
- Further clarification that MC questions, including vocabulary, require comprehension of the entire passage.
- Further clarification that short-response questions require both a claim and evidence in support of that claim.
- Changes to Mathematics Test Guides:
- A foreword which introduces the Tests and Guides through the language of the new Field Transition Memo
- Clarification that students will need to choose their own tools and that the symbols found on past tests that signaled tool use will not be included
On March 14, 2013, EngageNY updated the Educator Guides for the NYS ELA & Math Tests for grades 3-8. Links to the updated guides have been posted on the Testing & Assessment page.
Additionally, we have added a short video to show you how to access the ARIS Learn Videos that correspond to the Competency Studies that can be used for job-embedded PD, related to Teacher Effectiveness.
This page will allow you to quickly access resources from recent Professional Development and Training Opportunities offered by our network.